The refrigerator plays an essential role in the kitchen. This emblematic large household appliance must combine performance and practicality to preserve fresh food in the best conditions with a minimum of noise and bulk. We help you choose the right fridge.
What are the different types of refrigerators?
There are several types of refrigerators :
- Small refrigerators;
- Standard refrigerators;
- Large volume refrigerators.
Small refrigerator: for rooms and studios
In the family of small refrigerators, two categories stand out:
- The bar fridge is the smallest in its family. It is often seen in hotel rooms, where it is used to store a small number of refreshing drinks. The 30-liter mini bar is ideal to accompany you in the summer at the edge of your swimming pool. It has two shelves and two-door lockers to keep your sodas cool!
- The mini-fridge – also called a table top – is a small, compact appliance. It takes up very little space in your kitchen (between 90 and 200 liters). Generally intended to slip under a worktop in a studio, the Top Bosch refrigerator is ideal for students, and people who live alone or in pairs. It also has a small freezer section to ตู้แช่ freeze for up to a month.
Standard refrigerator: with or without freezer
Suitable for kitchens with conventional dimensions, the standard refrigerator is available in two versions:
- The one-door refrigerator (or cabinet refrigerator) is the most common in French homes. And for good reason, this fridge can be declined in different shapes, styles and colors, in order to adapt to the universe of each kitchen. The slim dimensions of the Electrolux 1-door 314 refrigerator allow you to easily find a place for it if you have a fairly narrow kitchen.
- The fridge-freezer is made up of two compartments: behind one door is the fridge and behind another the freezer. The advantage? The freezer is significantly larger and more powerful than those found in single-door refrigerators. You will therefore be able to preserve the cold chain longer and therefore keep your food longer. The Thomson fridge freezer has the freezer door at the top for easy access.
Large volume refrigerator: American-style!
Need a bigger refrigerator? Choose between the American refrigerator or the multi-door:
- Family model par excellence, the American refrigerator contains two large parts: one dedicated to the refrigerator and one to the freezer. Its little extra is the very practical water and ice cube dispenser. No need to think about putting a bottle of water in the fridge! Its doors are generally side by side, that is to say side by side, i.e. 120 cm in total! The LG 601 American fridge also allows you to view the inside of your fridge without opening the door. All you have to do is reserve a (large) place for it in your kitchen.
- The multi-door refrigerator pushes the concept of refrigerators even further. Its primary characteristic is to be composed of three or even four doors as offered by the LG Gmx844mckv refrigerator . There are some with one door and one or two drawers, two doors and one or two drawers or four doors. The multi-door ตู้แช่เย็น refrigerator lets you choose the composition of your fridge! Its different compartments are modular in order to choose the refrigerator parts and the freezer parts. Its large dimensions accommodate your large family meals: between 400 and 800 litres!
What are the criteria for choosing a refrigerator?
Before finding the refrigerator that will frost your heart, several criteria must be taken into account:
- The type of laying;
- The capacity ;
- The noise ;
- Performances ;
- The type of cold.
Type of installation: freestanding or built-in
Two options are possible when installing your refrigerator:
- Free-standing, meaning that your refrigerator simply stands on the floor, where you want it. All you have to do is plug it into an electrical outlet and you’re done! The advantage is therefore its simplicity of installation and above all the possibility of changing its place easily. It’s up to you to choose the size and design that suits you.
- Built-in installation: the built-in refrigerator fits into a previously designed niche. You can fix it either by self-supporting or pantograph hinges, or with slides so that the door slides on a rail. Your refrigerator is easily integrated into your kitchen. Discreet, so you can hide it behind a way that matches the room.
Capacity: adapted to the composition of your home
To know the ideal volume of your refrigerator in relation to your family is very simple. For a fridge to be useful, the first volume proposed is between 100 and 150 litres. Afterward, all you have to do is add 50 liters per person. For a family of three, it will therefore rather opt for a volume of at least 250-300 liters.
Noise: for limited nuisance
Noise is often one of the selection criteria where buyers pay the most attention. When you have an open kitchen, the refrigerator is an integral part of your living room. This is why you must ensure that its noise is between 36 and 44 db so as not to bother you on a daily basis. Note that the smaller your refrigerator, the quieter it is, which is all the more important in student studios…