We all need a perfect tooth, but everyone can’t maintain it properly. Cosmetic dentistry is a professional dental care service that helps improve your teeth’ appearance. A good smile is one of the significant factors behind a person’s self-confidence. A cosmetic dentist has gained a lot of popularity as they improve your teeth in almost no time! This has gained a lot of popularity in recent times. Let’s see the types of cosmetic dentistry:
- Onlays and Inlays: This is also called indirect fillings. These are manufactured in a dental laboratory. Dentists use these when in case of a moderate or mild decay, even in an improper structure of your teeth. Usually, inlays are placed on the tooth’s surface directly, keeping in mind that they do not provide any damage. In case of significant damage to the teeth or cusp, Onlays are used. They cover your entire tooth surface. They were also made of gold earlier, but now they are made of ceramic or porcelain in laboratories. Dental cement is used to attach it to the teeth. This helps improve the shape, avoid decay, and strengthen your teeth. There are solutions for both small and significant damage, so you do not need to worry!
- Composite Bonding: This helps with the repair of damaged teeth and also decaying and discolouration. This is carried out using a material that matches the enamel colour. The decay is drilled out, and the composite is applied to the tooth’s surface. It is then appropriately sculpted with intense light. It covers the damage, providing a healthy look to the tooth. This is one of the cheapest methods that cosmetic dentists use for patients suffering from cracked teeth, decay, or worn-out teeth.
- Veneers: These are caps customised according to your teeth. They are placed on top of your natural teeth and are usually manufactured from medical ceramic. They look realistic and solve most dental cosmetic issues. It solves all the problems, from damaged or cracked teeth to poor enamel conditions to visible gaps. It is applied using dental adhesive to the tooth.
- Whitening of teeth: This is among the most popular procedures. This is usually a single visit procedure. Plaque, tarter or other germs are removed from the surface. This restores the natural look of the teeth. A bleaching agent is used to whiten your teeth and bring them to a lighter shade than what it was.
Usually, people do this because of stained teeth over the ages because of drinking, smoking, junk food or extra medications. This procedure whitens your teeth. Also, properly brushing and maintaining dental hygiene can give you the effects in some weeks. People also get this done before a big event or party to make themselves feel confident.
- Implants: If you have damaged or lost teeth, implants are used in place of them. A titanium screw is put in the jaw where the tooth is missing. This is a support for the crown. This almost seems to be like the natural teeth. It is hard to differentiate it from your natural teeth. The supporting tissue and bone are waited to fuse in the implant and are finally secured permanently. You must follow proper dental hygiene during and after the procedure; you need to clear the food germs and plaque from the teeth. Patients must take extra care of the teeth for some days after the process, but it is worth the effort put in.