Being a woman is definitely not easy. Taking care of your needs in your personal life in a busy schedule requires a lot of effort. One of the toughest jobs that most women feel is taking care of lingerie. If you want that delicate lace bralette or your favorite padded bra to stay a bit longer. Then make sure to keep all these things in your mind for sure: Hand washing is better than machine washing. Alcohol free or mild detergents are the best. Hang drying lingerie is better. There are many more such that you should know about. Read further to know more.
- Hand Washing Your Lingerie:
By following a few simple steps you can save your lingerie for ages!
- Wash your lingerie in lukewarm water and add a mild detergent.
- Soak lingerie for up to 30 minutes.
- Gently rub the fabric to remove dust.
- Rinse them in cool water.
- Lay the garments flat on a towel.
- Lay another towel over top and press to remove any extra water.
- Always make sure to hang them to dry, never tumble dry them.
- Machine Washing Your Bras:
I know it’s really hard to find time for washing your lingerie in your tight schedule. So, If you’re using a washing machine, a lingerie bag is best to separate bras and panties. This ensures to keep them fresh.
- Don’t forget to hook the backs of your bras. Because if you don’t it might ruin your favorite blouse or a dress.
- Put the same color bras and panties in a lingerie bag.
- Wash on a delicate cycle in cool water with mild detergent.
- When you take your cup bras out of the wash, make sure to reshape the cups with your hands.
- Always hang to dry. Never put bras in the dryer because the heat will break the quality of the bra and ruin the cups.
- Washing Panties:
Most of us wash panties by hand. For the machine-washable ones, make sure to wash on a delicate cycle with mild detergent in cold to warm water, not hot. Lukewarm can be preferred most of the time.
- Treat tough stains delicately:
To remove body sweat, body oils, make-up, and certain stains like period stains with proper soap. Wet the bar and gently work the lather and rinse it properly. Make sure to use cold water for treating blood stains.
- Always Separate Colors
Generally, lingerie doesn’t dye out but there’s always a first time. Unless you know that this particular piece doesn’t bleed. So make sure to separate colored lingerie from whites and other light colors like nude. So that the other dye won’t spoil your favorite bras. You don’t have to soak lingerie for more than 30 minutes unless it’s very spoiled or you’re trying to get stains out.
- Hang out or lie down:
Drying them naturally is best. Hang to dry or lay items flat in its natural shape on a drying rack. Never use the dryer because the high heat will reduce the quality, elasticity and moisture-wicking properties of the lingerie. To remove wrinkles, don’t use iron instead steam them. Steam intimates lingerie for the perfect finish.
- The perfect fit
Last but not least, store them in their original shape to preserve fit. No space in your wardrobe? Fold bras one cup into the other and if there are any dents in the cups try to press them gently to avoid distorting the structure.
Woohoo. There you have it! Hand washing of lingerie is most preferable, but if you wash it on a machine make sure to keep all the above points in your mind. Use these simple tips to improve the lifetime of your favorite lingerie.