This is one of the newest methods of custom t-shirts printing methods that people are now using. This is a way of printing on ready-made t-shirts. You print directly on the t-shirt as the colors are all automatically mixed with CMYK inks. It enables you to print a lot of designs that you cannot do with other printing methods. With direct-to-garment (DTG) printing, you can use white ink as an under-base underneath the design. This will give you the ability to print in all colors.
It uses inkjet technology to print the design on your t-shirt. One advantage of using DTG printing, if you go to fairs or craft shows, it will allow you to do custom tshirts printing so you have the ability to print t-shirts on the spot. The printer you use can be found in a tabletop version that is easily portable.
You will also need a curing device, which can be a tunnel dryer, heat press, or both. It depends on the ink’s curing requirements, the output of your printer, and the space that is available space in your printer shop. Before you even print you want to make sure that you are using a primer on your t-shirts. This is optional if you are only using CMYK inks. You will need to use the pretreatment, or primer if you want to print with white ink.
There are two ways to apply the pretreatment. You can also get pre-treated t-shirts.
- Internal—this is where the printer will automatically apply the pretreatment before you start the tshirt printing in Singapore.
- External—this means you have to pretreat your t-shirts outside of the printer. You use a spray gun to apply it or buy a pretreatment machine that automates this process.
- No set-up so it is ideal for small customized same day on tshirt printing in Singapore orders
- Using direct to garment printing, it will print in great detail. It is great for photo-realistic images and intricate designs.
- Can be integrated into an automated workflow..
- To get great prints, you will need some knowledge of how to use inkjet technology
- There is a limited selection of material as this method works best with mixed fibers with some content of cotton or plain cotton.
- Over time you may see that the designs will start to fade and crack if they are not transferred the right way so make sure you know what you are doing before you start printing.
With direct-to-garment printing, you will get garments that are of high quality. You will also have the ability to print just about any design and millions of color combinations.
Although this is one of the newest methods of printing on t-shirts, it is one of the more popular methods. It gives you great prints with vibrant colors and requires little upfront cost. It is a great method to use if you want to have a side business to earn some extra money.