The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is the eligibility exam for candidates who want to enter the field of teaching. CTET exam is held by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and it is one of the major entrance exams that is held every year to find suitable candidates who can teach students from Class 1 to Class 10.
BYJU’s Exam Prep helps you prepare for CTET to help you get through the CTET exams. The CTET 2022 exam is conducted for both Primary and Secondary teachers. The exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is for classes 1 to 5, while paper 2 is for classes 6 to 10. It is important to not lose hope if you are unable to clear in the first attempt and keep your confidence alive until you achieve your target.
Validity of CTET Certificate
CTET certificate is given lifetime validity by the Government of India. The Ministry of Education finalised the extension of the validation of the CTET certificate to lifetime, from the earlier validity of seven years. Visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to receive the latest updates and news,
The decision to make CTET certificate validity lifetime was hailed by candidates of the previous CTET exams, who had already gotten their CTET certificate but were not eligible to apply for teaching jobs as their certificate expired after seven years.
When does the lifetime extension become effective?
The extension of the CTET certificate for a lifetime came into effect from February 2022 itself. The Ministry of Education notified through social media and other media outlets that the implementation of the decision to extend the validity of the CTET certificate to a lifetime was effective immediately.
Who has this lifetime extension benefited?
The extension of the validity of the CTET certificate for a lifetime is going to be highly beneficial for the following:
- Candidates whose CTET validity expired after seven years.
- Candidates whose CTET validity is yet to expire.
- This extension will also be beneficial for CBSE as it will be less burdensome to conduct the exam as candidates whose validity is about to expire will no longer have to re-apply for the exam.
- There will be better utilisation of the available resources, especially the high amount of expense involved in conducting the exam. This saved amount can be invested in boosting other educational initiatives.
Preparation Tips for CTET 2022 Exam
There is no right or wrong way to prepare for the CTET, but some of the tips that we have shared below can be useful. Every year, lakhs of potential candidates enrol themselves to crack the code, yet only a handful of them are selected due to high competition and cut-off rankings.
With the help of BYJU’s Exam Prep, you can formulate the ideal strategy that will help you in clearing the CTET exam. Here are some preparation tips for the CTET 2022 exam.
- Know the CTET exam pattern. The CTET exam consists of 150 questions that carry a total of 150 marks. The time allotted is 150 minutes. The CTET exam takes place online. The question paper consists of objective-type questions.
- Identify in which area you are weak and focus on that topic to improve your chances. Try to learn all the basic concepts and practice the CTET question papers from the previous years.